Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Environmental Portrait: Ann Cutter

This photograph was done for the "Environmental Portrait" in Bio-Communications Photojournalism class. Pictured above is Ann Cutter, a Biology teacher at Randolph Community College. I lit the scene using two vivitar 285's, one front/side lighting the subject, and the other behind the subject with a folded amber gel attached. I constructed the scene to be symmetrical, while still personalizing the subject through her surroundings.

Nikon D200
ISO: 200
F/6.7 @ 1/60
52mm

3 comments:

Alexa's Photography said...

Love this, Robert! You did a good job making her look natural through a great portrait.
Keep it up

Lanham said...

Nice work, I really like the idea and I'm a big fan of symmetry. I would like to see this without a gel. Also, I would like to see a crop where the bottom of the image starts at the table top. Good control of your lighting on the subject, very pleasing with a great expression.

Eddie Lester said...

Ann Cutter in her own world, captured it perfectly, great job