Tuesday, November 20, 2007

"Outdoor Portrait"

This shot was done for our Bio-Portrait class' "Outdoor" Portrait that we had to shoot on location, using flash, while balancing it with available light. For this particular shot, I used a viv-285 w/ soft box, coming in from the left, to light the subject (Kathryn), while placing the subject in the available sunlight's rays. I was attempting to have the sun come through as a hair light. This was shot in Blowing Rock, NC, off of the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Nikon D200
ISO: 200
F/8 @ 1/125th
80mm

2 comments:

Angie Hoffman said...

Nice portrait, good idea using the sun as a hair light.

Jessey Dearing said...

Nice job Roberto, just shot a couple threes on the court at my parents house. Only thing I would change is to tone down the light spot near the bottom left corner in the leaves, but that's just being picky. Lighting is good, so how did you get the sun to move to that position for the hair light? I got burnt last time I tried messing with the sun. light is light.